Makes 8 servings Active Prep Time: 20 minutes Refrigerate Time: 2 hours
“This is so delicious. How could it not be?”
1 8 inch graham cracker pie crust
1 8-ounce package cream cheese – softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 banana – thinly sliced
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 container cool whip topping
Chocolate syrup – for drizzling on top
3 maraschino cherries – for garnish
1) Evenly place sliced bananas on bottom of pie crust.
2) In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over bananas.
3) Evenly spread crushed pineapple (drained) over cream cheese mixture.
4) Place strawberry slices over pineapple.
5) Spread cool whip over entire pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and garnish with cherries.
6) Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings
Active Prep Time: 30 minutes Refrigerate Time: 3 – 4 hours
1 9 ” pie shell
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 16-ounce container cool whip topping
2 drops blue food coloring
6 drops yellow food coloring
1) Bake pie shell according to directions and set aside to cool.
2) Zest 4 limes and juice 6 of them. Combine zest, juice, cream cheese and condensed milk. Mix well. Fold in cool whip topping. Stir in food coloring.
3) Pour into pie crust. Refrigerate 3 – 4 hours to set.
One thing I love about winter is baking. You are going to want to keep these ingredients on hand for a snowy day inside. My favorite thing about these mini pies is that they are so easy to make, my 6 & 8 year old can make them almost completely unassisted. I also love that they pack easily in lunch boxes. I will tell you how to make these and then you will balk at just how easy they really are.
Roll out 2 refrigerated pie crusts. I just like to roll them a little thinner than they already are. Using a biscuit cutter or a round cup, cut small circles out of the pie crust. You can make your circles any size you want. Get as many circles as you can from each piece. Form a ball and roll it out again to use all of your dough. Next scoop small amount of pie filling into the center of 1/2 of the circle cut outs. Cover with remaining circles. Using a fork, seal the edges of your mini pies. Crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk with 1 Tablespoon of water. Brush over pies and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pies on parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
What you need:
- 1 box (containing 2) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 can of pie filling ( your choice)
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon & Sugar
- Parchment paper