Homemade Walnut and Cranberry Granola
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup walnuts
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries
1) Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, salt, and brown sugar.
3) In a microwave safe dish, combine oil, syrup, vanilla and water. Microwave for 1 minute. Drizzle evenly over oats and stir to combine.
4) Spread oats evenly onto a large baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in cranberries and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Have you ever noticed how hard men are to buy for? Here is an easy gift for the guys on your list.
3 cups self-rising flour
3 TBS. sugar
1 can/bottle of beer
Mix and put in loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Butter top and bake 10 minutes more.
To present as a gift, simply combine the flour and sugar and put in a jar. Gift with a bottle of beer and an instructions label.
Be sure to check out MealMakingMania.com for downloadable freezer meal packages guaranteed to make your holidays a cinch!
Makes 8 servings Active Prep Time: 20 minutes Refrigerate Time: 2 hours
“This is so delicious. How could it not be?”
1 8 inch graham cracker pie crust
1 8-ounce package cream cheese – softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 banana – thinly sliced
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 container cool whip topping
Chocolate syrup – for drizzling on top
3 maraschino cherries – for garnish
1) Evenly place sliced bananas on bottom of pie crust.
2) In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over bananas.
3) Evenly spread crushed pineapple (drained) over cream cheese mixture.
4) Place strawberry slices over pineapple.
5) Spread cool whip over entire pie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and garnish with cherries.
6) Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings Active Prep Time: 30 minutes Chill Time: 4 hours
This is hands down, across the board, my family’s favorite dessert.
30 vanilla wafers
2 bananas – sliced thinly
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 8-ounce package block cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups milk
1 container cool whip topping – divided
1) Line the bottom a 9 x 13″ baking dish with vanilla wafer cookies. Add a layer of sliced bananas.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding, cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla, milk & 1/2 container of cool whip. Pour over cookies & bananas. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
3) Top with remaining cool whip before serving.
Makes 4 servings Start to Finish: 30 minutes
“This beats any Chinese restaurant. It’s so good – one of those “fight over left-overs” meals.”
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite sized pieces & salted
4 eggs – slightly beaten
3 cups rice – cooked
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger -or 1 T fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables – petite cut
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1) Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken on a medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2) Push chicken to the side of the side of the skillet and pour in eggs. Stir eggs until cooked. Add vegetables, rice, soy sauce, and seasonings – in that order stirring about 1 minute after each addition. Continue stirring and cooking over medium heat until combined and rice and vegetables are heated.
Tip – Fried rice works best with cold rice, but if you don’t have time – fresh, warm rice will work.
Makes 4 servings Start to Finish: 30 minutes
“One of my favorite guilty pleasures is Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza. I’ve often thought about replicating this recipe and finally decided to try it. Yay!”
12 small flour tortillas
1 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 cup salsa
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
Sour cream – for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Lightly brush flour tortillas on both sides with vegetable oil. Place oiled tortillas on a large baking dish (you might have to do it in batches.) Bake tortillas for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from oven.
3) Brown and drain ground beef. Add beans and salsa. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heated through.
4) Sandwich ground beef mixture evenly between 6 pairs of baked tortillas. Sprinkle cheese evenly over tops of sandwiched tortillas and return to oven for 3 – 5 minutes to melt cheese. Serve topped with sour cream.
*You can easily and deliciously turn this into a vegetarian dish by removing the beef and doubling up on the refried beans.*