Active Prep Time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 30 minutes
“I do not like corn bread, but I love this. Weird, right?”
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion – chopped finely
Salt and pepper – to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 8 1/2-ounce box corn bread and muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
1 can cream-style corn
2 cups pepper jack cheese – shredded
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a large casserole dish.
2) Brown and drain ground beef and onion. Add seasoning and stir well.
3) In a small bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg, milk, and corn. Stir well.
4) Pour 1/2 cornbread mix in casserole dish. Add ground beef and spread evenly. Add cheese evenly. Add remaining cornbread mix.
5) Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.