Makes 4 servings Start to Finish: 30 minutes
“This is so easy and delicious that I make it just for me for lunch sometimes.”
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb medium sized shrimp – peeled and tails off
Cajun seasoning – to taste
3 cloves garlic
1 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
1/2 cup green onions – diced
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
2) Season shrimp to taste (generously) with cajun seasoning. Add to olive oil and cook until no longer clear – about 3 minutes.
3) Add garlic, tomatoes, and green onions. Cook an additional minute.
4) Add rice, salt and water. Continue to cook until rice is cooked through and everything is thoroughly combined. About 3 more minutes.
5) Add almond slivers and serve.