Makes 4 servings Start to finish: 30 minutes
“Mmmmmmm – this recipe is as good (better) than any Cheese steak sandwich I’ve ever had. My kids love it too. They don’t even question the bell peppers because they are so busy gobbling it up.”
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 2 lbs beef round steak – cut into thin strips – I used a top round that was on sale.
- 1 green bell pepper – cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper – taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to high broil.
2) In a small bowl, mix your mayonnaise and garlic. Set aside.
3) Toss your meat strips with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
4) In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add seasoned meat and cook until almost done – about 5 mins. Add vegetables. Continue cooking and stirring until they are softened – another 5 minutes.
5) Split your hoagie buns and place up on a large baking sheet. Place meat and peppers on the bottom half and top with mozzarella. Place both parts under broiler for 2-3 minutes to toast bun and melt cheese. Remove and add garlic mayo to the top bun. Serve.