This is my favorite Fun recipe for Family Night.
Makes 8 servings
Active Prep Time: 20 minutes Bake Time: 10 minutes
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 green onions – chopped
2 cloves garlic -minced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups salsa
1/2 bag tortilla chips
2 cups Mexican-blend cheese
1 can black beans – drained (optional)
Sour cream – for serving
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Boil 2 chicken breasts and shred.
3) In a large skillet heat oil, saute garlic and the white parts of green onions (save the rest.) Mix in chicken and salsa. Stir well.
4) Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon black beans on top of chips. Spoon chicken on top of beans. Top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
5) Garnish with green onion tops before serving. Serve with sour cream.
Scoop and mash avocados. Mix well with the other ingredients.
For dessert, toss vanilla ice cream, malted milk ball, and milk in a blender for yummy shakes.
Break out the dominoes and off you go!!