Whether you like it or not your diet will reflect on your skin. Eat healthy food, and you will look healthy. It really can be as simple as that, so it’s important to know the right foods to eat for clear skin.
To help ensure that you stay clean and clear – here are some top foods to indulge in to get ready for the warm summer months:
1. Whole grains. Fiber-packed whole grains work great to keep skin glowing as they carry a lot of antioxidants and they stabilize blood sugar levels.
2. Water-rich fruit such as cantaloupe helps keep you hydrated, making aging lines less visible. Plus Vitamin C aids collagen formation, improving the skin’s elasticity.
3. Fish. One of the top sources of omega-3 fatty acids, cold-water, oily fish are loaded with anti-inflammatory acids. The best kind are mackerel, salmon, anchovies and sardines for blemish-free skin. Another great option for omega-3s is walnuts.
4. Cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar, helping reduce the signs of aging.
5. Green vegetables. Packed with inflammation-fighting nutrients and loads of antioxidants, most green leafy veggies contain plenty of fiber, which helps slow the rise of blood sugar after eating.
4. Purple and deep red foods. According to The Clear Skin Diet, foods containing anthocyanins are high in antioxidants and help maintain blood flow to the skin, promoting optimum cell turnover (essential for keeping pores clear). Acai, pomegranates, purple carrots, black grapes, and beets are all great choices.
So next time you reach for a snack, remember the old saying, “You are what you eat.”