Makes 4 servings
30 minutes start to finish
“Everyone who has tried this recipe has loved it. It is one of my all-time favorites. You can put it together to cater to each person’s preference. I buy a big bag of spinach and use the rest for the salad. I add the left-over pine nuts to the salad as well.
6 pieces bacon
1 family-size package cheese tortellini
1 tablespoon pine nuts -optional, but delicious
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic -minced
2 cups fresh, baby spinach
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1) Microwave bacon between 10 paper towels (5 layers on each side) for 5 – 6 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
2) Cook tortellini according to package; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes until toasted – stirring occasionally. Add nuts to bowl of pasta.
4) Heat olive oil in the same skillet over low heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add spinach to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add to bowl.
5) Add to bowl; parmesan, pepper, and crumbled bacon. Toss well and serve.